Dublin can be heaven....(Thing 2)

Welcome to my new blog,  Northside Librarian.


Why Northside Librarian? Well, I am a proud Dubliner and apart from a short spell renting in several places south of the Liffey plus a year in Colombia in 1989-1990, I have lived on the North side all of my life.


I am not a newbie librarian having received my masters in Library & Information Studies in 1991.
Technology has transformed the world of libraries quite radically and while I have always tried to keep up, I have only just recently gone back into the LIS workforce after a number of years away doing other things.


I want to learn some new tricks. Therefore I have enrolled in the RudaĆ­23 online skills programme being run by the Western Regional Section of the Library Association of Ireland and this blog post is my first challenging task!


I believe passionately in the value of libraries and librarians in the face of information overload, false facts, fake news, the constant dumbing down of language, budget cuts, closure of libraries and the challenges go on and on....


In my current role I am designing an Information Skills programme and hope to use some of the new tools I try in RudaĆ­23 to make this programme more useful and more importantly enjoyable.
I am really looking forward to connecting with others through this blog so if you are out there reading this and have something to say, go ahead!


Finally, two days before the All-Ireland Final, come on you boys in blue!








Comments

  1. Looking forward to hearing more about your new role designing the Information Skills Programme and what tools you use in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts